Practical Advice to Give Your Life a "Kick" in the Pants: The Donkey Principle
I have a confession to make...I love practical self-improvement books. A large portion of my bookshelf is dedicated to titles from Jack Canfield, Tony Robbins, Rhonda Byrne, Wayne Dyer, and a host of other wonderful authors who have mastered the dissection of how to get what you really want out of life.
What draws me to these writers is the practicality of much of what they have to share. It's not so much "supernatural" as it is, at its root, simple psychology. Your frame of mind frames the life you experience.
I am happy to say I need to buy a new bookshelf to accomodate another title in the genre...Rachel Anne Ridge's The Donkey Principle: The Secret to Long-Haul Living in a Racehorse World.
I have been known to be a donkey. I have put my foot in it, done things back-a--wards, kicked my dreams to the curb on more than one occasion thinking that because my bank account doesn't measure to Patterson or Rowling standards, I am a complete failure. Yes, despite the awards, the praise, and the sheer JOY I experience when I'm creating a new book, I suffer frequently from "imposter syndrome." Sometimes, I don't think I'll EVER reach that winner's circle.
But then a book like The Donkey Principle comes along and puts a comforting hand on your shoulder. It whispers in your ear and says, "It's okay to be an a--." In fact, it applauds your inner donkey and offers practical, no-nonsense advice on how to stick to it for the long haul to reach the coveted winner's circle.
If you're looking for a book to give your life a "kick" in the pants, pick up a copy of The Donkey Principle: The Secret to Long Haul Living in a Racehorse World today!
The Donkey Principle
by Rachel Anne Ridge
Publication Date: April 4, 2023
Genre: Non-fiction; Self Help
You have what it takes to live well. It’s all about embracing your inner donkey!
Some of us feel like donkeys in a world that celebrates racehorses—the shiny and flashy success stories that make us question our own worth and abilities. But life isn't about competing for gold medals. It’s about understanding your unique strengths and using them to mine all the gold that’s already within you.
A delightful blend of short reflections and original illustrations, Rachel Anne Ridge’s The
Donkey Principle has a central, timely message: Embracing your inner donkey is the key to
overcoming obstacles, creating lasting change, and achieving meaningful success.
If you’re looking for an inspiring read, this charming book is for you! Let Rachel provide the
motivation you need to keep going through difficult situations, especially if you need a
“gentle kick” in the right direction to find the path and work that suits you best.
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/61357098-the-donkey-principle
- Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/books/the-donkey-principle-by-rachel-anne-ridge
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Donkey-Principle-Secret-Long-Haul-Racehorse-
- B&N: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-donkey-principle-rachel-anne-
- Kobo: https://www.kobo.com/ebook/the-donkey-principle
- Google Play:
- Indiebound: https://www.indiebound.org/book/9781496460370
- Bookshop: https://bookshop.org/p/books/the-donkey-principle-the-secret-to-long-haul-
- Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/The-Donkey-Principle-The-Secret-to-Long-Haul-
- Get It Local: https://getitlocaltoday.com/product/9781496460370
- Parable: https://parable.com/product/9781496460370
- Christianbook.com: https://www.christianbook.com/donkey-principle-secret-living-
- Books-A-Million: https://www.booksamillion.com/p/Donkey-Principle/Rachel-Anne-
- Tyndale: https://www.tyndale.com/p/the-donkey-principle/9781496460370
Rachel Anne Ridge is an author, professional artist, and inspirational speaker. Her books Flash: The Homeless Donkey Who Taught Me about Life, Faith, and Second Chances and Walking with Henry have delighted readers with their entertaining tales and poignant lessons. Rachel wrote and illustrated a children’s book, and her mixed-media illustrations can be found in Stormie Omartian’s book The Power of a Praying Wife: Illuminated Prayers. Mom to three grown children and Nana to five, Rachel is a certified life coach who loves to share her creativity through art and written words.
- Website: https://rachelanneridge.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RachelAnneRidgeCreative/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/rachelanneridge
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rachelanneridge/
- Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/12098776.Rachel_Anne_Ridge
- Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/stores/Rachel-Anne-Ridge/author/B00PJLXRNM
#selfhelpbooks #selfhelp #bookstagram #books #selfhelpbook #selfhelpquotes #booklover #nonfictionbooks #personaldevelopment #businessbooks #motivation #book #selfhelptools #reading #successbooks #selfimprovement #personalgrowth #nonfiction #motivationalquotes #success #booksbooksbooks #personaldevelopmentbooks #bookstagrammer #selflove #quotes #bookrecommendations #bookshelf #selfhelptips #booksofinstagram #businessbook